Discovered a really cool way to add location information to your images (i.e. Geo-tagging photographs ) that too without buying a GPS unit for your camera.
Heres how :-
1. Your mobile phone must have GPS on it.
2. install any of the following apps on the mobile (short list, their could be many more)
- Latitude from Google
- GPS logger for Andriod
- GPS Essentials
Basically you need a phone which can log GPS data to either the internet or to a file. If you use latitude enable history in the options.
3. Before heading out :-
- Make sure your camera and mobile clocks (time) are in sync
- Start the applicaiton from #2 above on your mobile
4. Finish your shoot, come back and switch off the application (else it will keep draining your battery)
- If you sue latitude the data will on the google latitude site
- if others, it will be on the mobile so transfer it to your computer
5. Convert the data to a GPX file (with this step you have the latitude and longitude with timestamp recorded perdiodically). You can use http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/
6. Download images from camera to your computer
7. Use any of the following to add the location information to your photos
Voila, you are all set !!!!!